Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Orleans Counterfeit Diamonds

When I opened the package from O.C.D., I discovered that the three stones had been placed in a single plastic bag with a piece of cotton. A C.Z can chip another C.Z if they bang into each other. Strike one. The first stone I looked at was the marquise. It looked bright, had a good length to width ratio but when I louped it I found a baby size chip on the pavilion. (Nothing I probably couldn’t live with). The second stone I examined was the round. My first impression was that it looked a little flat (dead). Take a look at what I saw in photographs 1-A, 1-B, and 1-C.There were crater size chips on the table and star facets of the crown. It’s as if I was looking at the dark side of the moon! Not acceptable! Strike two! The last stone the emerald cut, had chips on the keel (bottom of the rock) as well as polishing drag lines all across the stone. Strike three! For $50.00 a carat I should have gotten a magnificent hand cut C.Z. Opinion: Overpriced, poorly packaged, inferior quality.The box from B.J, had three attractive gold lame´ drawstring pouches (see photo 2A) and a packing slip. There was no paper work explaining how to clean or take care of my new product, nothing about any guarantees or even the prices I paid, just my three little pouches. In each pouch I found the stone sitting on a small white cushion enclosed in a plastic case (the absolute best way to ship a loose stone!). See photo 2B.As before, I looked at the marquise first. It was immaculate; sharp crisp edges, no rolled faceted junctions and expertly polished. The round was also bright and full of life! When I examined it further I found a very small chip on the pavilion (no big deal at all). The emerald was superb – one of the best hand polished jobs I’d ever seen on a C.Z. All the stones were well proportioned. Opinion: Good packaging, poor documentation on guarantees or cleaning, but excellent quality at a reasonable price.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark and Share